The Scottish Strategy for Autism Eighth Annual Conference
Autism and Human Rights
Technology & Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde
Tuesday 31st March 2020
9:00am - 4:30pm
We are delighted to invite you to register for this year’s conference, the theme being Autism and Human Rights. The conference is principally intended to disseminate good autism practice and to be of benefit to professionals, however, autistic individuals and families are welcome to attend.
By the end of the day delegates will:
- learn about the Scottish Human Rights framework (SNAP – Scottish National Action Plan).
- hear how Scotland is evolving positively in incorporating the PANEL Principles within a neurodivergent society.
- explore how human rights translate to services and supports for autistic people and families
- discuss how we ensure autism remains a national priority as a legacy from the Scottish Strategy for Autism.
- pledge to individually and collectively advance human rights for autistic individuals and families
The conference is FREE to attend and a full programme will be available shortly. Delegates will be invited to participate in two relevant workshops of their choice. It is the aim that workshops will be co-facilitated with an autistic individual (s).
We advise registering early as due to venue capacity numbers will be restricted.
Please email email@example.com including your Forename, Surname, Role & Organisation to register for the conference. You will be advised if we have been able to reserve your place and a waiting list will also be implemented once capacity is reached.