Families with children (suggested age range 5-12) who are on the autistic spectrum are invited to enjoy early doors access to the National Museum of Scotland’s exciting summer activity programme inspired by Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites.
During this event families will be able to:
- Make a sash and decorate it with secret Jacobite symbols.
- Making a targe (Jacobite shield)
- Meet Charles Edward Stuart, the famous Bonnie Prince himself! Find out why he tried to claim the throne and where he thinks it went wrong.
- Handle replica Jacobite objects.
- Discover our autism friendly backpacks. Book one to take round the galleries after the event (please note these will be offered on a first come first served basis).
Families are welcome to stay on at the Museum once the event is over, or visit the exhibition from 10am when it is more likely to be quiet.
This event is FREE, but does not include entry to the exhibition.
For further information please email Jane Miller (Community Engagement Officer), or telephone to book and discuss details on 0131 247 4435.