The Fife One Stop Shop is based in a central location in Kirkcaldy where they offer people with autism, their families and professionals information and advice about autism as well as the kinds of support services that are available in the area and how to access them.
As well as acting as an information hub, the One Stop Shop works closely with other groups and agencies, collaborating to understand and respond to the needs of the autism community. Their approach is based on an understanding that autism is multidimensional and that each individual and family may face unique challenges and require varying levels of support and so we will provide information and advice that is meaningful to each individual person.
They have now settled into their new premises within Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT.
Fife One Stop Shop have secured funding from Fife’s Heath and Social Care Partnership to enable them to continue to provide a Fife-wide service.
What the One Stop Shop can offer:
One to One appointments:-
- Individuals with Autism (ASD) or seeking diagnosis
- Understanding My ASD Diagnosis (17+)
- Understanding My Loved One’s Diagnosis
- Support and Understanding Social Skills (SUSS) in partnership with Fife Employability Service
- 14 + Transition Work for individuals in School/College
- Sibling Support
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide 16+ social group, as we did in Dunfermline.
Guidance for professionals referring individuals/families to the One Stop Shop
- Support pre-diagnosis is time limited. Support can be offered to gather information for diagnosis or for signposting but no long term support can be offered until a diagnosis has been confirmed.
- Confirmation of an autism diagnosis will be required for all new referrals to the One Stop Shop from Sept 2017. We will contact the referrer for a diagnostic report or will ask for the contact details of the individuals GP for confirmation of diagnosis.
- We are finding that not all referrals are appropriate for our service. Complex cases, for individuals with dual or multiple diagnoses, will require input from the referrer. Please call before referral is made to discuss case and appropriateness of referral.
For more information on Fife One Stop Shop, please click here: Fife OSS updated Leaflet 2017
To view what going on at the Fife OSS, please check their calender here: Fife OSS – Calendar
How to contact the One Stop Shop:
New Volunteer House,
16 East Fergus Place,
Tel: 01592 645350
Find the Shop on Facebook.