Positive Behaviour Training and Intensive Support for Family Carers of Adults with Autism without a Learning Disability living in Edinburgh and East Lothian – an opportunity for carers to receive practical training to help and support their family member who is aged 16 years and above.
Sessions will focus on:
- Understanding emotional & behavioural challenges in people with autism
- Sensory differences and their impact on behaviour
- Social skills for people with autism – and innovative solutions
- Communication and its link with emotional and behavioural challenges
- Working through difficult situations – what to do when the going gets tough
- Person specific solutions, including individual support to discuss these
This training is being funded by the City of Edinburgh Council, East Lothian Council and Parents of Autism Spectrum Disorder Adults (PASDA).
There will be 6 half-day training sessions which will start the week of the 24th of March 2013 and each session will run every 2 weeks for 12 weeks (with a break for the Easter holidays) . There is the flexibility of day and evening training available. As well as the training sessions the course includes Intensive Support (Home Visits and 1:1 Sessions).
To find out more or to book, please contact PASDA on 0131 475 2416 or email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 28th of February 2014.