Sue Hatton and Elizabeth Attfield have published a resource titled ‘Autism Trainer Manual’. This manual is for anyone with responsibility for delivering autism awareness training. The manual covers all the learning outcomes for the level 2 health and social care unit, introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions.
The manual and accompanying DVD-ROM includes:
• a comprehensive introduction
• five detailed session plans
• two SCIE Social Care TV clips
• PowerPoint presentations for each sessions
• activity sheets for learners
• handouts summarising the key learning points
The manual also includes one copy of the study book An Introduction to Supporting People with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (2011) by Sue Hatton and Tom Boughton. Additional copies of the book for learners can be purchased from BILD.
For more information about BILD books and services go to www.bild.org.uk